Cannot install package

Hi all,

I’m new to this forum, so if the discussion is off-topic or in the wrong place please forgive me.

I’m trying to install the svn package. I tried both from UI and from command line, the result was this:

apm install svn

Installing svn to C:\Users\Me-PC\.atom\packages fs.js:794
  return binding.mkdir(pathModule._makeLong(path),
                 ^

Error: ENOENT: no such file or directory, mkdir 'C:\Users\Me-PC\AppData\Local\Temp;C:\psdparse\d-11712-6424-yabvr0'
    at Error (native)
    at Object.fs.mkdirSync (fs.js:794:18)
    at Object.mkdirSync (C:\Users\Me-PC\AppData\Local\atom\app-1.13.1\resources\app\apm\node_modules\temp\lib\temp.js:137:6)
    at Request.<anonymous> (C:\Users\Me-PC\AppData\Local\atom\app-1.13.1\resources\app\apm\lib\install.js:335:41)
    at emitOne (events.js:77:13)
    at Request.emit (events.js:169:7)
    at Request.onRequestResponse (C:\Users\Me-PC\AppData\Local\atom\app-1.13.1\resources\app\apm\node_modules\request\request.js:986:10)
    at emitOne (events.js:77:13)
    at ClientRequest.emit (events.js:169:7)
    at HTTPParser.parserOnIncomingClient [as onIncoming] (_http_client.js:430:21)

I don’t have proxies, nor firewalls, my internet connection is just ok but the installation fails.

What is going on here?

Hi, what version of Atom are you using? and how did you install it?

I’m using the latest version, downloaded today from the atom site. I installed it with the exe package that gets downloaded when you click “Download Windows Installer” in the home page

This is what’s going wrong:

Error: ENOENT: no such file or directory, mkdir 'C:\Users\Me-PC\AppData\Local\Temp;C:\psdparse\d-11712-6424-yabvr0'

It is saying that it can’t make the directory C:\Users\Me-PC\AppData\Local\Temp;C:\psdparse\d-11712-6424-yabvr0. If you notice the semicolon in the middle, it appears that your TEMP environment variable is broken which is preventing apm from creating a temp directory to download the package to before installing it.

You should be able to use the following command to fix it:

setx TEMP="C:\Users\Me-PC\AppData\Local\Temp"

I say “should” because it’s been a while since I’ve used Windows. But perhaps other people here can correct me if I’m wrong.

Please i am currently experiencing the same problem and i need help.

Are you still having this problem?

No… it’s been resolved…