Cannot for the life of me achieve justified text in editor panes

See screenshot for full description and example. Basically I use Atom for writing prose. I haven’t been able to find how to get the text justified in-editor, real-time. I’ve tried everything I can think of. Thanks.

Intuitively I would guess that they should both have the same level of indent (why is one line not coloured as the rest of style?).

I’ve tried using text-justify (all variations) and it has no effect.

I don’t know what you mean about one line colored different? Unless you mean the heading? I’ve set syntax up to stronger/bolder text with headings (i.e. ###THIS)

Not yet answering your point (I have to try it) …

but have you tried writing your prose in markdown syntax and using markdown-preview-enhanced to preview justified texr?

Yes I have my markdown preview stuff set-up the way I like it (I used a different package from what you suggest)… that’s all fine. What I’m wondering is why I can’t justify the text as I type it like in any other word processor? It just seems strange to me that I can’t easily justify the text right in the editor. There’s gotta be a way. This is the editor for the 21st century! :laughing: