Cannot add multiple snippets to snippets.cson

I’ve been exploring Atom today, and so far I like it a lot.

However, one problem that I found and cannot find an answer too, is with adding multiple snippets to snippets.cson

For context, this is what my snippet file looks like currently.

'.source.batchfile':
  'Error check':
    'prefix': 'error'
    'body': """
    if errorlevel 1 (
        type nul
        echo Faiure! Detailed above
        pause
      ) else (
        echo Success
    )
    echo.
    """

'.source.batchfile':
  'Snippet Name':
    'prefix': 'hello'
    'body': 'Hello World!'

The problem is that only the second snippet (prefix “hello”) is usable. The previous one (prefix “error”) used to work, but as soon as I added “hello” it stopped working. By this I mean that I was no longer able to call it, and when pressing ALT+SHIFT+S it is no longer on the list of available and usable snippets.

Im pretty sure this is a user error and I am doing something wrong, but I cannot figure it out.

Help?
Thanks!

Why snippet doesn't work with ejs file?

Your second one has the same key value as the first and is replacing it. I consider it a bug when parsers allow this to happen. It should throw an error.

Sorry if this seems obvious but, which one is the key value? The idea is that I can have many of these, so how do I allow that to happen?

The key is the text before a colon. The value is the text after the colon. The value includes everything indented further than the key, including other keys and values. For example:

'base key 1': 'value 1'
'base key 2': 
  'descendant key 2-1': 'value 2-1'
  'descendant key 2-2':
    'descendant key 2-2-1': 'value 2-2-1'

If you know how JSON works, CSON is just like it but without the braces and commas.

'.source.batchfile':

Okay so you guys have been great but I still don’t get how to fix the problem at hand. Would you mind supplying a altered copy of the code that I posted in the op that fixes the problem?

Here’s what it should look like:

'.source.batchfile':
  'Error check':
    'prefix': 'error'
    'body': """
    if errorlevel 1 (
        type nul
        echo Faiure! Detailed above
        pause
      ) else (
        echo Success
    )
    echo.
    """

'Snippet Name':
    'prefix': 'hello'
    'body': 'Hello World!'

Oh so all you have to do is get rid of it the conflicting line?

Thanks!

The nested indentation means both snippets are declared under the one key.

Got it. I feel like, logically, I should be able to be redundant but then again Im not a skilled programmer :slight_smile: