Can electron be run in Windows

I am a windows user and very poor at coding. I recently learnt a bit of html, php and JS and finding a way to deliver apps through this knowledge.

1. Can windows run electron. I have github. I cloned the repository but am unable to install and run npm.
  2. Is there a GUI or only commandline will work. I understand that index.html file and js file can be changed to display my data in app but will there be any editor or I need to open manually those files in notepad to edit. Cause all I can see currently is the github powershell.
  3. It says electron makes cross platform applications. I actually came to know about electron with kimonolabs which recently shutdown its cloud and only mac version was available untill recently they delivered a window app. My question is since they didnt deliver any android version, I am in doubt whether electron delivers app for window. I mean can I make android app through html+js in electron
  4. Will it create setup or just the zipped bin files.!!!

Can windows run electron.

Yes.

am unable to install and run npm

Have you installed Node?

Is there a GUI or only commandline will work. I understand that index.html file and js file can be changed to display my data in app but will there be any editor or I need to open manually those files in notepad to edit.

You are right, working with Electron is mostly about writing code, there is no GUI. You can use Atom to edit your code, much better than Notepad :wink:

I am in doubt whether electron delivers app for window. I mean can I make android app through html+js in electron

Electron only works on Windows / OSX / Linux not mobile devices. There are many solutions to develop mobile apps using HTML5 like Cordova, Phonegap, React Native, Crosswalk, etc.

Will it create setup or just the zipped bin files

Not sure what you mean but here are instructions for building your installer.

I must say this is most appropriate and quick reply i have ever got from feedback team of any software.

Yes I have installed node.

I am happy with rest of Answers.

My pleasure! :slight_smile:

NPM comes bundled with Node so it’s probably already installed in your system.

Maybe it’s a PATH problem?

It did show some path problem. exact problem i dont remember. Should i try again for a screenshot or may you guide me how to correct path problem.!

I’d love to help but I don’t know much about Windows…

A post was split to a new topic: What programming languages does Electron support?