Can atom package manager work with access solely to a NPM repository?

We are completely offline from the internet. Our development environment has no internet access. You’ll have to trust me that it’s a valid use case.

Proxy settings aren’t going to solve our problems - we need to re-create/brute-force-mirror the infrastructure that our tools rely on. Then we have to configure the tools (when possible) to use our imported repositories. We already have an imported NPM repository that has a weekly update solution in place.

I have pointed ATOM_PACKAGES_URL to our npm repo, but I’m not sure that’s what is needed, or whether that is the only thing that is needed.

Is what I’m trying to do possible? If so, how can I configure my .apmrc and/or environment variables to make this work? I understand it’s not ideal, but is it workable? Is there some way I can hobble along using NPM as a work-around until we can set up an APM repo solution?

Sorry for the horrible use case. Trust me, working in this type of environment is a thousand times more frustrating than just reading a post about it.

No, apm isn’t just a renamed npm :grinning:

You can find the specification for the apm server side in our documentation in the atom/atom repository.

No apology necessary! I’ve worked on defense contracts in the past, I understand your pain :+1:

I found someone else trying to do this…

Thanks for the link to the specification. I’ll take a look.