Automate Nuclide connection in Atom

Hi,

I need to automate (run a batch command) a Nuclide connection in Atom. Anyone knows if it’s possible such thing?

Thanks,

Daniel

I don’t use Nuclide, so I can’t envision the steps necessary to open a Nuclide connection. If you give me the sequence of actions you take, I can probably tell you if you can automate it in Atom.

Hi,

I need to test if Nuclide connects successfully from Atom to a remote server and I want to run it as a scheduled task instead of someone having to manually do it.

Thanks,

Daniel

What command are you running to connect to the server? Tell me every step, because I need to be able to do exactly the same thing in order to tell you if you can automate it.

Hi,

So, I open Atom and first cehck if there are any new updates for Nuclide. If so I go ahead and update it.
Then I go to Nuclide menu, Remote Projects, Connect to Remote Project. I fill the details in the connection window (username, IP address, initial directory and password and hit connect.

Thanks,

Daniel

Based on my examination of that feature and the nuclide package, it doesn’t seem to me like there’s a way that you can automate it using commands from within Atom. You could write a JavaScript script to fill in each of the fields and simulate a click on the connection button. It would basically be one of those bots that create spam accounts on forums.

Well, I’m not a programmer so it’s not an option for me to write code to accomplish this task, but your idea is actually very good. I found AutoIT and it seems that’s able to do just what you said.

Thank you very much for your input.

Regards,

Daniel