Auto-Update Behavior is Not Intuitive

Atom’s auto-update behavior differs from what I have come to expect from such features. I would prefer to be alerted to the new version and to approve the download and install of a new version, as opposed to having it happen w/o my knowing.

This question was asked (and not resolved) in another topic: Is there an easy way to disable Atom's auto-update without building it from source?

Have I missed something or is there no way to disable or change the default download-and-update behavior?

Also, I just noticed a couple of odd behaviors regarding updates: I launched Atom (v0.181.0) and it downloaded the 0.182.0 update. I quit w/o updating and then relaunched, at which point it redownloaded the update. At that point, I quit again w/o updating and relaunched, to find that Atom had installed the update w/o asking me. Both times, I had quit Atom via Cmd-Q, not the drop down menu. Is this the intended behavior?

Is there an easy way to disable Atom's auto-update without building it from source?

This conversation belongs on the other topic. We unify topics on the board so that when new people come along, they don’t have to go through a bunch of different topics to find what has already been said on a subject.

I’m closing this topic as a duplicate of the original.