Auto open all latest tabs per project

Hi!

It would be really cool if by clicking on project in the left pane all tabs, that were open before and related to this project got auto opened (since last time), and all tabs from other projects got closed. So if I work with project A and have 4 tabs opened for this project, and then decided to work with project B, then upon clicking on project B by previous 4 tabs would close, and all tabs, that were opened before I left project B will open for me.

That would be awesome feature for Atom, I think.

You misunderstand how Atom thinks of projects. From Atom’s perspective, all of the top-level folders in the tree view are part of the same project. What you propose would be disruptive because seasoned Atom users make use of its current functionality and wouldn’t want all of their tabs to disappear every time they jump to another folder in their project. If you want to have an easy one-click path to opening a different project, you should install a project manager package. project-viewer, for example, creates a sidebar on the right where you can sort projects that operates in a very similar way to what you’re asking for.

Really?
How then I can save current project so that I can reopen it later? There’s no “Save Project As…” or “Open project…”.
Or “Atom way” is to remove a folder from a project tree and add another one when I want to switch from one project to another? project-viewer is an overkill, I think, for that simple use case.

Because a project is defined as the set of its project paths. Every time you open a particular folder, it will reopen the same set of tabs.

Or “Atom way” is to remove a folder from a project tree and add another one when I want to switch from one project to another?

The Atom way is to open a specific target folder and Atom will restore all of your previous information. project-viewer accomplishes precisely what you want.

For more information, see this FAQ entry: