Atomic-emacs on Mac : could not write a '\\'

Hi there !

I’m using (and enjoying) atomic-emacs on my Mac, that lets me use both atom and emacs keybindings but I often run into an issue…

The keybinding on an Apple french keyboard to write a ‘’ is ‘alt-shift-/’. I don’t know why but it just doesn’t work while atomic-emacs is enabled.

I’ve gone though their keymap.cson and found some ‘alt-\\’ that could be a source of conflict. I disabled it : it obviously wasn’t.
Then I’ve tried to remap ‘alt-shift-/’ to a coffee function that writes ‘\’ at my cursor position. I’ve tried ‘alt-shift-:’ too, since ‘:’ is under ‘/’ on my (oh so evil) keyboard.

Until now, i’ve found no solution…

Working in both C and LaTeX, with no backslashes I’m kinda lost…

Hope someone can help ! :slight_smile:

It looks like you may be running into this:

Thanks but sadly no…

I’ve tried the package and it didn’t changed…

I’ve tested a few strokes : it’s not that the right Alt key isn’t recognized, it’s the shortcut itself.

Have you tried using the Keybinding Resolver (Cmd+. on OS X and Ctrl+. on other platforms)? It will show you what key Atom saw you press and the command that was triggered because of it.

Apparently there’s no callback associated to it.

The strange is that originally ‘alt-maj-/’ isn’t an atom shortcut but a system binding

I’m not familiar with alt-maj. Is maj a different key modifier? Or is it a different name for one of the standard ones: Shift, Control, Alt, Super/OS/Windows, Fn?

Sorry, maj is a french synonym for shift :slight_smile: