Atom won't start up

Everything was working fine yesterday but I’m pretty sure my Mac crashed overnight while in power nap mode. I got to the office this morning and my Mac (2016 MBP) said it had restarted after an error.

Unfortunately it looks like something got corrupted with Atom. Even after a fresh install it won’t open (in any project directories or with a blank slate). It hangs with this window and none of the functions work:

Where should I look to see if it’s logging an error? And what can I do to get it working again? I’d prefer not to lose all of my configs from my projects.

Edit: I should also note that I tried downloading the beta and that doesn’t work either.

So I got it to work by process of elimination (deleting things from .atom one by one). Apparently something ended up wrong in my config.cson (but I haven’t modified it manually in ages). Here’s what it was; still haven’t pinned down the exact problem:

"*":
  core:
    telemetryConsent: "limited"
    themes: [
      "atom-dark-ui"
      "atom-dark-syntax"
    ]
  editor:
    fontFamily: "Inconsolata, Monaco, Consolas, 'DejaVu Sans Mono', monospace;"
    invisibles: {}
    tabLength: 4
  "exception-reporting":
    userId: "(--snipped--)"
  "linter-jshint":
    lintInlineJavaScript: true
  tabs:
    addNewTabsAtEnd: true
  welcome:
    showOnStartup: false

Can you try just commenting out the fontFamily option and see if that fixes it? There may be a potential regression related to that in 1.13, and it would be great if you could confirm.

Yes, that looks like it did the trick. Actually removing the semicolon at the end was what did it I believe.

Awesome, thanks for the info!