Atom won't start - missing node.dll

When I try to start atom, I get the following error

“The code execution cannot proceed because node.dll was not found. Reinstalling the program may fix this problem.”

I don’t want to reinstall atom because I’ve installed dozens of packages and it’s a pain to reinstall each one.

Does anyone know how I might be able to fix this error? I tried deleting everything in my storage folder, but that didn’t solve the issue.

Where is node.dll supposed to be located (Can someone check? Maybe somehow I accidentally deleted the file, or the folder that it belongs in).

(woops forgot to categorize this forum post. I moved it to “support”)

All packages are stored in the .atom folder in your user directory, so reinstall away.

Reinstalled. Works.

DamnedScholar to the rescue again!

Yeah, the more I deal with Atom’s peccadilloes, the more I appreciate how it’s set up. Atom isn’t the tightest ship, and this forum is a testament to all the leaks it can spring, but you can completely rebuild the app without touching personal settings, and those settings are all easily accessible to the user to transfer across computers.

Wont work for me. More detail please?

You’re the one who needs to provide more detail. You know everything I do about the error: someone else experienced it and was able to solve it by reinstalling. Meanwhile, I don’t know anything about your setup or what you’ve done to try to run Atom. If the same process didn’t work for you, I can’t tell you why without more information. You should try downloading Atom without the installer and see if there’s any difference (if you’re on Windows, it’s one of the .zip files based on whether your OS is 32- or 64-bit). If that doesn’t work, reboot your computer and then see if either version of Atom works.