Atom won't run properly

After reinstalling Atom for several times I still kept getting this error message.

index.js:129 Error: Cannot find module ‘…src\initialize-application-window.js’
at Module._resolveFilename (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:584:15)
at Module._resolveFilename (C:\Users\MSİ\AppData\Local\atom\app-1.42.0\resources\electron.asar\common\reset-search-paths.js:43:12)
at Function.get_Module._resolveFilename (C:\Users\MSİ\AppData\Local\atom\app-1.42.0\resources\app\static<embedded>:11:155413)
at Module.require (file:///C:/Users/MS%C4%B0/AppData/Local/atom/app-1.42.0/resources/app.asar/static/index.js:61:43)
at require (internal/modules/cjs/helpers.js:20:18)
at Object.customRequire (C:\Users\MSİ\AppData\Local\atom\app-1.42.0\resources\app\static<embedded>:1:728962)
at setupWindow (file:///C:/Users/MS%C4%B0/AppData/Local/atom/app-1.42.0/resources/app.asar/static/index.js:170:24)
at window.onload (file:///C:/Users/MS%C4%B0/AppData/Local/atom/app-1.42.0/resources/app.asar/static/index.js:106:9)
handleSetupError @ index.js:129
Thank you for your assistance :slight_smile:

The installer is not resolving your user name properly (guess).
Consider trying a portable installation:
https://flight-manual.atom.io/getting-started/sections/installing-atom/#portable-mode

index.js:129 Error: Cannot find module ‘…src\initialize-application-window.js’
at Module._resolveFilename (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:584:15)
at Module._resolveFilename (C:\Users\MSİ\Desktop\Atom x64\resources\electron.asar\common\reset-search-paths.js:43:12)
at Function.get_Module._resolveFilename (C:\Users\MSİ\Desktop\Atom x64\resources\app\static<embedded>:11:155413)
at Module.require (file:///C:/Users/MS%C4%B0/Desktop/Atom%20x64/resources/app.asar/static/index.js:61:43)
at require (internal/modules/cjs/helpers.js:20:18)
at Object.customRequire (C:\Users\MSİ\Desktop\Atom x64\resources\app\static<embedded>:1:732429)
at setupWindow (file:///C:/Users/MS%C4%B0/Desktop/Atom%20x64/resources/app.asar/static/index.js:170:24)
at window.onload (file:///C:/Users/MS%C4%B0/Desktop/Atom%20x64/resources/app.asar/static/index.js:106:9)
handleSetupError @ index.js:129
I am still getting the same error

Unpacking the 180MB+ zip file on the Desktop does not avoid the issue.
The file path of the Desktop still contains your user name.

The error report you provided does not give me (as user) enough information to be helpful.

I moved the folder to a new destination and it worked. It took me a while to understand you answer sorry. Thank you for your help and patience

1 Like