Atom support Red Hat?

Wondering if Atom support Red Hat? Thanks.

regards,
Lin

Yes, only 64-bit for pre-built packages though:

Thanks leedohm, tried but cannot start Atom. If you need more information, please let me know.

Here is the guide I am following,

Red Hat Linux (Fedora 21 and under, CentOS, Red Hat)
Currently only a 64-bit version is available.
Download atom.x86_64.rpm from the Atom releases page.
Run sudo yum localinstall atom.x86_64.rpm on the downloaded package.
Launch Atom using the installed atom command.

Here is the error when I execute atom command,

/usr/share/atom/atom: /usr/lib64/libstdc++.so.6: version GLIBCXX_3.4.15' not found (required by /usr/share/atom/atom) /usr/share/atom/atom: /lib64/libc.so.6: versionGLIBC_2.14’ not found (required by /usr/share/atom/atom)
/usr/share/atom/atom: /usr/lib64/libstdc++.so.6: version GLIBCXX_3.4.15' not found (required by /usr/share/atom/libnode.so) /usr/share/atom/atom: /lib64/libc.so.6: versionGLIBC_2.14’ not found (required by /usr/share/atom/libnode.so)
/usr/share/atom/atom: /lib64/libc.so.6: version GLIBC_2.14' not found (required by /usr/share/atom/libgcrypt.so.11) /usr/share/atom/atom: /lib64/libc.so.6: versionGLIBC_2.15’ not found (required by /usr/share/atom/libgcrypt.so.11)

I don’t know red hat but the errors seem to say you need a newer version the glibc libraries.

Thanks Mark, I am using Red Hat 6.4 Enterprise, and wondering which install package from this page (https://github.com/atom/atom#red-hat-linux-fedora-21-and-under-centos-red-hat) should I use?

You’re probably using the correct package. There are probably some development tools packages that you need to have installed for the Atom package to install properly though. Unfortunately, we’re not experts with Red Hat … so you may have to figure out which packages to install on your own.

Thanks @leedohm, what types of Red Hat version you guys tested?

It’s been tested by a member of the Atom team on Fedora 20. If you’re asking about Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL), we haven’t tested that specifically to my knowledge.

RHEL 6 is based on Fedora 12 and uses glibc 2.12 which is very old so it’s possible that Atom doesn’t run there. From the output above it looks like atom requires at least glibc 2.15.
You can try upgrading to RHEL 7 which uses glibc 2.19 which should be recent enough for Atom to run.