Atom stopped opening in the cmd

I installed autocomplete-plus. Since then ATOM stopped working. It just won’t open in the cmd. I tried to uninstall autocomplete-plus with no luck. I uninstalled ATOM and even restored my computer just in case. Now ATOM will not install on my machine. What happen? I was starting to love ATOM.

Could you give the following information?

• Which version of Atom are you using?
  • What OS and version are you running?
  • Can you reproduce the issue after completely exiting Atom and restarting using atom --safe?
  • What error message are you receiving?

I’m trying to install the lattest version of Atom from the atom.io website. I’m running windows 7. During installation I get an error. It says installation has failed. There was an error while installing the application. Check the setup log for more information and contact the author. Would you like the setup log?

FWIW, I have seen this message several times when the install was actually successful. In my case it might have been something failing during cleanup after the install.

Unfortunately for me ATOM is not on my machine. So it never installed. I still have it on my desktop (windows 8). I’m just stumped on why I can’t get it on my laptop (windows 7).

Can you try to remove all the folders that Atom places on the system? They are:
%USERPROFILE%\.atom (this is Windows’ ~/.atom)
%USERPROFILE%\AppData\Roaming\Atom
These locations can be copy-pasted into Windows Explorer’s adress bar.

I do not use the installer, so if that one makes another folder try to remove that one too, but if memory serves it puts its data in the second folder.

Well, I removed these files and still got a installation error. Thanks though. I’ll keep looking.