Atom startup uncaught error for a folder on an offline file server

Hi,

I just started Atom to work on some local files but it tried to open a previous project folder that resides on a currently shutdown server and fired up an error.

[Enter steps to reproduce below:]

1. Work on some files on a file server (samba for example) so that a project folder is added automatically. Edit and save files, maybe restart Atom once or twice (i disabled the wrap-guide package to get rid of the obsolete functionality).
  2. While Atom is opened, shut down your server or disconnect from the network.
  3. Close the files on Atom but not the folder and restart it.
  4. Atom should still have your project folder in the left column, “news” in my case. Error message shows up (copy below)

Atom Version: 1.0.2
System: Unknown Windows Version
Thrown From: Atom Core

Stack Trace

Uncaught Error: UNKNOWN: unknown error, open ‘\nextnet\htdocs\global\animateur\news’

At C:\Users\TheSlider\AppData\Local\atom\app-1.0.2\resources\app.asar\src\workspace.js:466

Error: UNKNOWN: unknown error, open '\\nextnet\htdocs\global\animateur\news'
  at Error (native)
  at Object.fs.openSync (fs.js:544:18)
  at Object.module.(anonymous function) [as openSync] (ATOM_SHELL_ASAR.js:118:20)
  at Project.module.exports.Project.open (C:\Users\TheSlider\AppData\Local\atom\app-1.0.2\resources\app.asar\src\project.js:371:27)
  at Workspace.module.exports.Workspace.openURIInPane (C:\Users\TheSlider\AppData\Local\atom\app-1.0.2\resources\app.asar\src\workspace.js:449:31)
  at Workspace.module.exports.Workspace.open (C:\Users\TheSlider\AppData\Local\atom\app-1.0.2\resources\app.asar\src\workspace.js:375:19)
  at EventEmitter.<anonymous> (C:\Users\TheSlider\AppData\Local\atom\app-1.0.2\resources\app.asar\src\window-event-handler.js:46:25)
  at emitTwo (events.js:87:13)
  at EventEmitter.emit (events.js:169:7)

Commands

Config

{
  "core": {
    "disabledPackages": [
      "wrap-guide"
    ]
  },
  "editor": {
    "fontSize": 11
  }
}

Installed Packages

# User
minimap, v4.12.0

# Dev
No dev packages

Check the atom/atom repo for this problem and make an issue if you can’t find it. As a workaround, use the command-line to open the specific folder by name atom folder-path.

Hi, will try to check the repo !

The problem is mainly that Atom shows this error on launch ( I didn’t click on anything) when in fact it’s perfectly normal to not have access to distant folders for any reason (and even local folders in this case).
I don’t need to access the folder on the currently “offline” server for now but maybe next week. : p

Whatever the reason, Atom shouldn’t have to fire an error when he can’t find a folder. It should leave it be until i try to access it’s contents and only then pop up a message stating it can’t find the requested folder and do nothing untill further atempts to access it. : )

I wonder what would have happened if it was a local folder and it was deleted while Atom was closed.

Anyway, thanks for the reply !