Windows 7 user.
So I installed yesterday, and all looked great.
created my own syntax theme. yeah!
Today, Atom suddenly decided to close in the middle of editing a file, and upon reopening all I got was the developer tools, no packages, and could not open any files, folders, etc, even though I could select such.
- Sigh. Tried everything I could think of or find online. Nothing helped.
- So I uninstalled, removed the .atom directory and the github directory from c:\users<myaccount>.-
- Things seemed back to normal. No theme but could open a project, and do some editing.
Decided to close and reopen just to be sure.
Dang, the editor is crashing on startup. See attached snippet.
- This message reoccurs if a reload is attempted, or if close and relaunch is done.
- This time there was no github directory. Perhaps as I had not generated a syntax theme
- Noticed that the .atom/packages has only the README.md file.
- Cannot find a log or error dump to inspect. Checked registry and C:\Users<myaccount>\AppData\Local\atom, no mention of a log file
- Nothing in the Windows Event viewer.
Any suggestions before I just go back to Eclipse.