# atom-python-run package : : how to test ATOM with python

hello dear experts,

i have installed Atom on a Win 10 Machine: - and now i want to run this with Python -

atom-python-run package : : how to test ATOM with python

how to proceed!?

love to hear from you

ps # atom-python-run package

I would start by reading here.

But on the other hand I would

• experiment running Python scripts first in the command line (sans Atom).

• move to Atom to install process-palette to run your Python scripts.

• be aware that there will be different versions of Python (2 and 3) and it is good practice to run in their own separate environments (explore conda)

But there are many different approaches.

Nobody should be even considering using Python 2 anymore. It has reached end of life on January 1st, 2020. It might still be used in places, but since I suspect @wpfan2099 to be a beginner at Python, do not tempt him.

That said, let’s end this with a Obiwan quote:

giphy

“There is no Python 2!”*

many thanks for the quick reply - great to hear from you

have a great day

greetings

by the way -. i have installed pycharm too. but i am a true fan of ATOM

but the question is: does ATOM can work with the Python 3.7 that runs under PYCharm !?

:\Users\Kasper\PycharmProjects\untitled1\venv\Scripts\python.exe "C:\Program Files\JetBrains\PyCharm Edu 2019.2\helpers\pydev\pydevconsole.py" --mode=client --port=50214
PyDev console: starting.
Python 3.7.0 (v3.7.0:1bf9cc5093, Jun 27 2018, 04:59:51) [MSC v.1914 64 bit (AMD64)] on win32

love to hear from you

regarsd

again:

i have PyCharm and ATOM on my Win10 machine:
i just updated PyCharm -
Question: can ATOM work with the Python 3.7 which PYCharm notes in the console. in other words - is Atom able to work

:\Users\Kasper\PycharmProjects\untitled1\venv\Scri pts\python.exe "C:\Program Files\JetBrains\PyCharm Edu 2019.2\helpers\pydev\pydevconsole.py" --mode=client --port=50214
PyDev console: starting.
Python 3.7.0 (v3.7.0:1bf9cc5093, Jun 27 2018, 04:59:51) [MSC v.1914 64 bit (AMD64)] on win32

the question is: Question: can ATOM work with the Python 3.7 which PYCharm notes in the console. in other words - is Atom able to work

and what is with pip - Do i do have to do some thing here.

If the setup ran successfully, you should see a message “Setup was successful message.” Close and continue with the next steps. > Installing and Testing PIP: PIP is a package management system for Python, so you will want to install this handy tool to make your life simpler.

To install PIP first head over to “Get PIP,” you will see something like this:

love to hear from you

C:\Users\Kasper>pip -V
pip 10.0.1 from c:\program files\python37\lib\site-packages\pip (python 3.7)

C:\Users\Kasper>
i am happy - i have pip installed …