Atom opens about tab or settings tab on first run instead of the last opened tabs

Hello, I’m using the latest version of Atom on OS X Yosemite. Unfortunately, every time I close the application and I open it again, the session is obviously not kept and I get, in a random fashion, either the about tab or the settings tab ( I haven’t quite figure it out why is it giving this behavior ). Maybe there’s a similar issue? If so, please link it here, but from what I can tell you, the session issue is not fixed, at least not on OS X, even though the idea of this issue being fixed with version 1.0 is being mentioned all over the discussions board. The tabs that were opened when I closed Atom are not kept. Am I the only one encountering this issue? Thank you and sorry for the rant, but I just can’t understand how hard can such a feature be, given the fact that this is an open source project and so many brilliant minds contribute to it. Don’t get me wrong, I really like this editor, I was among the first guys to use it since it was first released on OS X, but I’m really a sad panda when I see that it’s missing such an essential functionality. Again, I hope my message wasn’t too harsh, I apologize if it was.

It is working for me on Mac OS X 10.10.4 (Yosemite). Could it be that you have a permissions problem? If Atom can’t write to ~/.atom/storage to store the session information … that would explain why you’re seeing an “old” session.

Hello @leedohm

I haven’t messed up any access rights for any of its files. It has read, write and execution for all the groups of users as we speak.

Can you try the following:

1. Exit all instances of Atom
  2. Delete or move the ~/.atom/storage directory
  3. Start Atom again

And report what happens?

I’ve removed it completely from my computer (from the Applications folder, the .atom folder from my home directory and from the Application Support), downloaded the app again and installed it.

So far, so far, it works.

I’ve tested it with single files and project folders and it seems to keep my session as we speak. I will see if this is a bug or feature and if the previous behavior makes a comeback.

Thanks @leedohm for the help.