Atom-ide-ui Diagnostic remove useless scroll bar?

Hello,

Is there a way to remove the useless scroll bar form Diagnostic popup ? No matter how long the pop up is, the scroll bar is always inactive … So I don’t see the point of having it visible … especially when it looks ugly.

Cheers

diagno

diadno2

Atom-ide-ui Diagnostic remove useless scroll bar?

It seems like the scrollbar was meant to do something, but since the popup always seems to be the same height as the errors, it’s not effective. Disabling it might cause a problem if you run into a line with enough errors that the popup is longer than your Atom window, but that seems unlikely. Here’s what it looks like in the inspector:

You can remove it by making the following addition to your styles.less:

.diagnostics-popup {
  overflow-y: auto;
}

Hello @DamnedScholar

Thank you for the tip!
I guess if they want to save space, they should put the linter label on the same line as the error. It would make the scroll bar even more useless and the pop up more readable.
Maybe it’s doable by changing the style.

Like this?

.diagnostics-popup {
  overflow-y: auto;

.diagnostics-popup-header {
    margin-right: 10px;
    display: inline-block;
  }
  .diagnostics-popup-message {
    display: inline-block;
  }
}

dude … you ll never stop to amaze me!
But it doesn’t always work, I think the pop up has a max width and if it can’t put the header on the same line then it uses 2

Now, one question, how did you manage to keep the pop up open to go check the dev tools ?

Everything can be tweaked with CSS. Sometimes that involves adding more rules each time you discover some other quirk of how the original style was set up.

Now, one question, how did you manage to keep the pop up open to go check the dev tools ?

Very carefully. If you have the dev tools above the editor window, and mouse over a warning, the popup will appear. You can then slide the cursor across the popup, and if the popup is positioned partially underneath the dev tools, Atom never registers that your mouse left the area controlled by the popup.