Atom icon not appearing on the title bar

When posting a request for assistance with a potential bug, you should include information about when you first noticed the issue, what operating system you use, and what version of Atom is installed.

You could try redownloading and reinstalling Atom. If, on account of some digital gremlin, there is an asset that wasn’t built or a reference that wasn’t made, running a fresh copy of the install program might solve the thing that mysteriously went awry at first.

Thanks for the reply. I’m running Windows 10 and I just installed it. I think reinstalling won’t solve the issue.

It’s likely that something messed up in the install process. Sometimes that just happens.

I just reinstalled but there’s no difference.

It’s the version 1.29.0. Hope that’s the latest one. I’ve downloaded it from the official website of Atom.

It is.

You can go check the executables (in AppData/Local/atom/ and AppData/Local/atom/app-1.29.0/) and check to see if they have icons associated with them. If not, then you might be able to open the Properties of whichever is missing it and tell it/them to use the icon at AppData/Local/atom/app.ico.

I think all executables are attached to their icon files.

Then I’m out of things to try, but I don’t engage that much with Windows-specific stuff like what might make an icon not appear on a window title bar.

Thanks anyway.

I’m having the same issue here. Windows 10, Atom 1.29.0

I just installed 1.29.0 on Windows 10 but didn’t see the same issue. Are there any possibly related messages in %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\atom\SquirrelSetup.log?

Did you also try reinstalling @LikeSundayLikeRain?