Atom Helper Eating Memory

I had downloaded Atom twice on accident. One install was in my app directory the other in downloads. So I deleted the one in the download folder. Then everything quit working. So I then deleted and followed the uninstall via terminal. Then reinstalled. Then uninstalled again removing everything including the plist file. Installed again and now my computer runs with fans blowing. I looked in activity monitor and there are 4 Atom Helper’s running at 1.3G a piece. Can someone please tell me what is wrong or how to resolve this? I love the editor but this simply will not work.

That’s really weird because it shouldn’t matter where Atom is installed on OS X.

Have you followed the suggestions in the Debugging document? Also, could you give the following information?

• Which version of Atom are you using?
  • What OS and version are you running?
  • Do you have Emmet installed?
  • Can you reproduce the issue after completely exiting Atom and restarting using atom --safe?

OSX 10.11.1
Atom Version 1.1.0
I have Emmet Installed but not in the Atom Editor. Are you asking if I have that package installed?
If I restart in Safe Mode it seems to run normal. But once I close it and restart the issue occurs again.

I did checked for linked packages there were none.
In the developer tools I get the following error. Attached screen shot.

I will go thru the Debugging further. Thanks for the link.

Since it doesn’t happen in Safe Mode, I would suspect that it is one of the packages you have installed that is causing the problem. I would concentrate my efforts there.

Yes, I was asking if you have the linked Emmet package installed.