Atom freezing on linux

I have freshly installed Lubuntu and i was setting up atom and it started to freeze. I cant do anything but to close it. Right now as i’m typing its standing frozen. I was looking for some nice theme in the 15 mins i used it, it froze twice. Any suggestion what to do?

This also happened 2 or 3 times last night when i installed it.

Please file a bug at https://github.com/atom/atom/issues with as much information as you can include. At the very least you should include the following information:

• Which version of Atom are you using?
  • What OS and version are you running?
  • Can you reproduce the issue after completely exiting Atom and restarting using atom --safe?

Sure i will do it

Also, when you open the bug … please post a link here so that others who find this topic can easily subscribe to the bug.

Could you just tell me how to start atom in safe mode from terminal?
Will add link too.

Yes … it is mentioned in my post above, atom --safe.

A screenshot is also helpful, to show in which state the application gets frozen.

Will add that too. For now im playin in safe mode and is running quite fast even for my toaster.
I had one or two themes installed and maybe 3 synthax themes. Could be that some of those cause the issue. I will monitor a bit before i open a bug on git

After i closed safe mode andstarted atom again this happens:
[URL=http://s1369.photobucket.com/user/Zethorium/media/2015-04-16-173258_1280x1024_scrot_zpsutmgmqan.png.html][/URL]

Every time i start to try to run it
I cant do anything from enu options, just close it.

According to PhotoBucket … photo not found.

heres take 2:

Yeah, that’s almost certainly a theme issue … especially since things work in Safe Mode. Try just using the default themes for now and if you can figure out which theme is causing the problem, you might consider filing a bug on their repository.

In that case i will hold of opening a bug thread on git hub. Now i just need to figure out how to open atom since every time i try i get the same start and cant really uninstall any of the themes :confused:
I can only run it in safe mode and nothing is showing up installed there.

i will reinstall atom and the monitor themes.

You can uninstall the themes by just going to your ~/.atom/packages directory and deleting the directories containing the themes. You can also hand-edit the ~/.atom/config.cson file with whatever editor you like to delete the themes attribute from it to reset it to the defaults.

Reinstalling still might not be a bad idea.

I will try that since reinstall didn’t do anything, but im a decent noob at linux so could be that i didn’t do it right. I’ll play with it a bit and see what comes.