Atom Font Weight / Anti Alias

Is there an equivalent in Atom to change the font rendering? In sublime text I’ve grown accustomed to a crisp font.

This is the option in ST3
"font_options": [ “gray_antialias”]

Problem Font colors?

Nevermind, solved. I added -webkit-font-smoothing: antialiased; to my stylesheet

Nice one mate!
I use -webkit-font-smoothing: grayscale;
Works pretty good too depending on the font that you are usind :smile:

Splendid stuff. If you’re old-school like me, and found this page after a search, you can disable anti-aliasing (font smoothing) entirely with the following entry to the .editor section of your style sheet (select menu: Atom > Open your stylesheet):

.editor {
  -webkit-font-smoothing: none;
}

And the same for the .tree-view section:

.tree-view {
  -webkit-font-smoothing: none;
}

If you are on Linux, go to ~/.atom and see if there is a styles.less (I didn’t have one by default).
Or, from inside Atom editor, File > Preferences > Themes and on top of the page there is a link to your stylesheet.

edit: but fonts still look bad…I tried with:

.editor {
-webkit-font-smoothing: none/antialiased/subpixel-antialiased;
}

and nothing helped…

Try auto … that works best for me.

Nope, I can’t make it look as good as in (g)vim or my terminal emulator…it’s not THAT bad, but I can see the difference.

Setting the CSS below and setting the font (Settings page) to Droid Sans Mono really worked for me.

.editor {
  -webkit-font-smoothing: none/antialiased/subpixel-antialiased;
}

Setting the font to Droid Sans Mono and -webkit-font-smoothing to subpixel-antialiased works for me.

they should set this as default settings. Amazing difference.

Atom is set to subpixel antialiasing by default. Themes or packages can override it, but the built-in themes do not.

Sorry to revive an old thread. I’m on Windows and this doesn’t seem to work for me.

I’ve tried all options (none/antialiased/subpixel-antialiased) but nothing happens…

atom-text-editor {
  -webkit-font-smoothing: antialiased;
}

Has something changed since?

Depending on the font size and dpi of your screen, the Chromium rendering engine may not respect your font smoothing recommendation. You may want to try using atom-text-editor::shadow however. Keep in mind though that you’ll have to remove the ::shadow pseudo-selector when v1.13 comes out.

Thanks @leedohm

In fact yes I’m using a hiDPI screen, that could be it.