Atom fails to install via Chocolatey on Windows 7

I just installed Chocolatey and then tried installing Atom using cinst Atom and it failed a couple of times in PowerShell (running as Administrator) with the following error:

PS C:\Windows\system32> cinst Atom -force
Chocolatey (v0.9.8.25) is installing 'Atom' and dependencies. By installing you accept the license for 'Atom' and each d
ependency you are installing.

Atom v0.113.0
Extracting C:\Users\foo\AppData\Local\Temp\chocolatey\Atom\AtomInstall.zip to C:\ProgramData\chocolatey\lib\Atom.0.11
3.0\tools...
Write-Error : Atom did not finish successfully. Boo to the chocolatey gods!
-----------------------
[ERROR] 7-Zip encountered a fatal error while extracting the files
-----------------------
At C:\ProgramData\chocolatey\chocolateyinstall\helpers\functions\Write-ChocolateyFailure.ps1:30 char:3
+   Write-Error $errorMessage
+   ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    + CategoryInfo          : NotSpecified: (:) [Write-Error], WriteErrorException
    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : Microsoft.PowerShell.Commands.WriteErrorException,Write-Error

Write-Error : Package 'Atom v0.113.0' did not install successfully: 7-Zip encountered a fatal error while extracting th
e files
At C:\ProgramData\chocolatey\chocolateyinstall\functions\Chocolatey-NuGet.ps1:90 char:17
+                 Write-Error "Package `'$installedPackageName v$installedPackageV ...
+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    + CategoryInfo          : NotSpecified: (:) [Write-Error], WriteErrorException
    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : Microsoft.PowerShell.Commands.WriteErrorException,Write-Error

The term 'true' is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet, function, script file, or operable program. Check the spellin
g of the name, or if a path was included, verify that the path is correct and try again.
Command 'install' failed (sometimes this indicates a partial failure). Additional info/packages: Atom

I’m using Atom via the .zip for the moment.

Run CMD as administrator. This should solve your problem.

Right, I also go into this problem and “Run as admininstrator” console has helped.

If you are in the same CMD as the one you used to install chocolatey, you will need to start a new one. I was getting the exact error you mentioned, and starting a new cmd as administrator solved it.

I tried closing and opening a new cmd window as an Administrator and still continue to get the same issue that @philpeace is receiving. The only difference is that the current version of Atom is 0.115.0 but the same issue is occurring.