Atom Doesn't wanna be installed

i downloaded atom today and when i tried to install it on windows everytime i get error and installation doesn’t complete i even made the most smart trick on the world “i restarted my pc” and tried to install again hehe but didn’t work :blush: i have the error log but i can’t copy it here cuz its long

There have been other instances of this issue mentioned both here and in Issues at https://github.com/atom/atom/issues. You may find a solution if you search through them. I’m in between meetings or I would search right now. I’ll check again later.

okay , thanks dude i will go search on github maybe i find my solution there :smiley:

i tried to delete the temp file and atom file and reinstall but it didn’t work also when i deleted the temp not all files deleted cuz it says some in use i also deleted the squirreltemp and tried again but failed , anyone have a solution for this problem guys?

Could you perhaps just paste in the last few lines of your error log (whatever seems to be the last thing that happened before crashing)?

Error log

I am running into the same issue

2015-09-03 22:11:54> Program: Starting Squirrel Updater: --install .
2015-09-03 22:11:54> Program: Starting install, writing to C:\Users\Nicholas.nick-surface\AppData\Local\SquirrelTemp
2015-09-03 22:11:54> Program: About to install to: C:\Users\Nicholas.nick-surface\AppData\Local\atom
2015-09-03 22:11:54> Program: Install path C:\Users\Nicholas.nick-surface\AppData\Local\atom already exists, burning it to the ground
2015-09-03 22:11:54> CheckForUpdateImpl: Failed to load local releases, starting from scratch: System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path 'C:\Users\Nicholas.nick-surface\AppData\Local\atom\packages\RELEASES'.

The interesting thing is that the directory it’s looking for RELEASES, doesn’t exist during the install. In instead see an actual app-1.0.11, but no RELEASES.

i sent to u the code but needs approval from the admin cuz its said its spam.

— End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown —
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ValidateEnd(Task task)
at Squirrel.UpdateManager.ApplyReleasesImpl.d__2.MoveNext()
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
at Squirrel.UpdateManager.d__10.MoveNext()
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ValidateEnd(Task task)
at Squirrel.Update.Program.d__4.MoveNext()<—

So it seems there was a regression or something introduced maybe around where it looks for the files when it installs? I just pulled down the 1.0.7 version of the AtomSetup.exe and it ran fine without any problems.

I cleared the post and then updated it to point to a Gist instead. More than 10-20 lines of log should typically be posted as a Gist :smile:

okay xd hope get help of this error :(!

Zamalek - have you tried installing an older version of Atom and then updating it once it’s installed? I wasn’t able to get 1.0.11 to install, but I was able to install 1.0.7 and then update to 1.0.11.

yeye :smiley: i made what u said and it worked , thanks so much mate <3

Read all of this and tried, but how do you install an earlier version? Has the Atom homepage changed?

https://atom.io/ Just says for Windows 7 or later.

You go to the releases page and scroll down.

For people that are having problems installing Atom on Windows, see the FAQ: