Atom doesn't start everywhere

I can’t start atom from /home/myName (debian).
Atom give the error :

A JavaScript error occured in the browser process

Uncaught Exception:
TypeError: Arguments to path.join must be strings
   at Object.exports.join (path.js:384:15)
   at new AtomProtocolHandler (/usr/share/atom/resources/app/src/browser/atom-protocol-handler.js:20:32)
   at new AtomApplication (/usr/share/atom/resources/app/src/browser/atom-application.js:87:34)
   at createAtomApplication (/usr/share/atom/resources/app/src/browser/atom-application.js:43:16)
   at Function.module.exports.AtomApplication.open (/usr/share/atom/resources/app/src/browser/atom-application.js:46:9)
   at EventEmitter.<anonymous> (/usr/share/atom/resources/app/src/browser/main.js:70:23)
   at EventEmitter.emit (events.js:129:20)

It’s curious because I can do it if I already have another instance running (started from another directory).

I have the same problem in Debian 7 x64.

What does not work:

• Starting atom using the .desktop-entry
  • ALT+F2 -> atom
  • atom from command line while being in my home folder

What does work:

• atom from command line while being anywhere except my home folder

I installed atom using the newest .deb package and this happened before installing any custom packages.

I am using Debian 7 x64 too.
Starting with .desktop-entry is like starting from home folder i think so it is the same problem.
What is Alt+F2 -> atom ? gnome shortcut ?

I installed from .deb too and you reinstall (delete .atom) to see if this was a custom package bug but it was not.

Hope someone will help and solve it even if i can use atom it’s not very easy to start every time from term !

Thanks for answer !
(I now know that it’s not my own debian !)

This sounds like a bug. Unfortunately, I’m not using Linux and I’m not sure any of the regulars here are on Debian specifically. You should file a bug on Atom Core https://github.com/atom/atom/issues/new with the following information:

• Which version of Atom you are using
  • What OS and version you are running
  • Can you reproduce the issue after completely exiting Atom and restarting using atom --safe?

When you do, please link it back here so we can track it.

Thanks!

Yes i have the same bug with atom --safe !
I will send the bug.
Thanks for reply !