Atom doesn't open! (solved)

Hello,

I tried to open Atom, like I do every day. But for some reason, Atom doesn’t open. I get this message from my computer :

I really don’t want to reinstall it because of all the plugins I have installed (it would be a pain to get them back). I restarted my computer but the bug is still there.

Is that a frequent problem ? How can I solve it ? Thank you.

I have solved my problem, thanks anyway !

Have you followed the suggestions in the Debugging document? Also, could you give the following information?

• Which version of Atom are you using?
  • What OS and version are you running?
  • Can you reproduce the issue after completely exiting Atom and restarting using atom --safe?
  • How did you install Atom?

Thanks for the answer. I am using Atom v1.5.4. My version of OS X is 10.11.3.

I’m not sure what you mean by “completely exiting Atom”, but anyway, the application is closed (i can’t launch it). I tried to use atom --safe but the error still occurred.

Finally, I installed Atom from the normal website atom.io (I didn’t know there were other ways to install Atom).

EDIT : I did search for Atom in the activity monitor by search for “Atom” but there were no process

EDIT #2 : I checked the debuging document but I couldn’t do most of what it said I should do since I can’t open Atom at all. :frowning:
I just thought of something : the last time Atom was open, I did the update to the latest version (the one sepcified above). Theproblem probably comes from here.

Some people close the window, but not the application. For the instructions to work well, you should start from not having Atom loaded at all. (It also doubles as a “close the program and restart” step :grinning:)

Where do you have Atom installed on your system?

Ok, well it’s the application that is (completely) closed then. Atom is installed in my Applications folder : /Applications/Atom.app.

EDIT : If I delete the application (Atom.app), not uninstall it, then download it again and put it back to my Applications folder, will me packages be saved or will I have to install them again ?

My problem is now solved ! I have reinstalled the app (it didn’t delete all my settings and packages :pray:) and now it works well. I hope it will stay like that. Thank you for your help.