Atom Discord

Hey, I’m really new to Atom Editor but I Am having issues with the Discord Package. Basically it gives me an error saying Failed to install atom-discord because Git was not found.

Does anyone know of any Tutorials for installing Atom-Discord or how to rectify this issue by installing git

Full Error:
        Failed to install atom-discord because Git was not found.

The atom-discord package has module dependencies that cannot be installed without Git.

You need to install Git and add it to your path environment variable in order to install this package.

You can install Git by downloading, installing, and launching GitHub for Windows: https://windows.github.com

Run apm -v after installing Git to see what version has been detected.

Thanks,
Jamie Smith

The error message gives you all the information you need to install git. What are you having difficulty with?

Well i installed the GitHub Desktop app and restarted everything, and it didnt work.Running apm -v showed git was installed, but said there was no version

What happens when you run git --version?

When just in the c:/ drive, it says git is not found

Then you haven’t added git to your PATH. Do that (not the GitHub Desktop program, but the git.exe file, wherever it has been installed), then close and reopen Atom.