Atom crashes loading directory from Windows server

Last week I was working on a directory on a windows server. I created a Project for it with the Project Manager plugin.

Today, I opened up the MBP and tried to open the project, forgetting that I hadn’t mounted the server yet. I got an error, ok.

So, I mounted the server and tried again. Same error. I tried simply dragging the folder to the Atom icon, same error. So now I cannot work on this folder in Atom. I can’t even open an individual file in the folder.

The folder works fine in Sublime 3 or BBEdit. Here is the error:

Error: /Volumes/c$/BitNami/wordpress-3.8.1-1/apps/wordpress/htdocs/wp-content/themes/design_system_theme is a directory
at new File (/Applications/Atom.app/Contents/Resources/app/node_modules/pathwatcher/lib/file.js:31:15)
at TextBuffer.module.exports.TextBuffer.setPath (/Applications/Atom.app/Contents/Resources/app/node_modules/text-buffer/lib/text-buffer.js:614:21)
at new TextBuffer (/Applications/Atom.app/Contents/Resources/app/node_modules/text-buffer/lib/text-buffer.js:82:14)
at Function.module.exports.Serializable.deserialize (/Applications/Atom.app/Contents/Resources/app/node_modules/serializable/lib/serializable.js:72:22)
at DeserializerManager.module.exports.DeserializerManager.deserialize (/Applications/Atom.app/Contents/Resources/app/src/deserializer-manager.js:42:29)
at /Applications/Atom.app/Contents/Resources/app/src/project.js:84:35
at Array.map (native)
at Project.module.exports.Project.deserializeParams (/Applications/Atom.app/Contents/Resources/app/src/project.js:83:39)
at Function.module.exports.Serializable.deserialize (/Applications/Atom.app/Contents/Resources/app/node_modules/serializable/lib/serializable.js:58:25)
at DeserializerManager.module.exports.DeserializerManager.deserialize (/Applications/Atom.app/Contents/Resources/app/src/deserializer-manager.js:42:29)
at Atom.module.exports.Atom.deserializeProject (/Applications/Atom.app/Contents/Resources/app/src/atom.js:313:51)
at Atom.module.exports.Atom.deserializeEditorWindow (/Applications/Atom.app/Contents/Resources/app/src/atom.js:341:12)
at Atom.module.exports.Atom.startEditorWindow (/Applications/Atom.app/Contents/Resources/app/src/atom.js:366:12)
at Object.<anonymous> (/Applications/Atom.app/Contents/Resources/app/src/window-bootstrap.js:14:8)
at Object.<anonymous> (/Applications/Atom.app/Contents/Resources/app/src/window-bootstrap.js:20:4)
at Module._compile (module.js:455:26)
at Object.Module._extensions..js (module.js:473:10)
at Module.load (/Applications/Atom.app/Contents/Resources/app/node_modules/coffee-script/lib/coffee-script/register.js:45:36)
at Function.Module._load (module.js:311:12)
at Module.require (module.js:363:17)
at require (module.js:379:17)
at window.onload (file:///Applications/Atom.app/Contents/Resources/app/static/index.js:20:5)
index.js:29

Atom 0.12, 10.9.4

Found this elsewhere, seemed to fix problem for now: rm ~/.atom/storage/*

There is a known issue with using files from a network path:

It was closed two weeks ago, but maybe it wasn’t quite resolved in all cases?