I think i found a really strange bug on atom. You might want to take a look at this video i made for you, on youtube where you can see the bug in action:
I was working with atom on a project and pushing the code to the github gh-pages. Suddenly i realized the web page was not loading correctly on gh-pages.
I though i had made a mistake deleting an " or a parenthesis, on the code without noticing it, but then i began to make some further testing and debugging only to discover that that when i upload or pushed the code from atom (to github or my server) the problem SHOWS, but NOT when uploading THE EXACT SAME CODE (with hidden files and everything) through webstorm.
I know that sounds super weird. (or maybe super naive) But i did test it more than 5 times, and every time i got the same results.
I you need a copy of the project i was working with, to make the test yourself (pretty simple langing page) just let me know.