Atom and High Sierra

I think I’ve waited long enough for certain key technologies to work on compatibility with High Sierra, so I’m about to take the plunge and upgrade (with a time machine backup readily available in case it doesn’t work out). Anyone out there having positive remarks for High Sierra and for the combination of High Sierra and Atom? I’m on a 2015 15 inch MacBook Pro with Retina display.

I read some unnerving reports of High Sierra causing such horrible flickering on some machines that it actually caused the screens to burn out, which Apple refused to take responsibility for. Suffice it to say I’m a bit worried, but I try to keep up with the updates and as far as I can tell, there will be no more Xcode updates for Sierra, so I’ll update if others with similar machines are having decent luck. Thanks.

I’ve never had a problem, and I always upgrade to the latest version when it is released (not beta versions though).

I’d never heard of a flickering problem before.

EDIT: I use a MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Late 2013)

Thank you for your reply and boost of confidence, just curious, do you use Xcode at all?

No, sorry. I only work with JavaScript and Python projects, so Atom works fine for me.

No worriers. I’m mostly working with C++, so Xcode is my main tool, but Atom is my editor for literally everything else, gitignore files, lisp files, assembly, etc. Both are invaluable to me. :slight_smile:

There seems to be no issues on my end with Atom and High Sierra!