Atom 1.9.5: Window reload freezes editor

Since I upgraded from v1.9.2 to v1.9.5, window:reload produces the following error and the editor is unresponsive. However, I can open a new window from the Atom menu and the new editor works fine.

Uncaught (in promise) TypeError: Cannot read property 'bufferId' of null(…)
/Applications/Atom.app/Contents/Resources/app.asar/src/tokenized-buffer.js:51 
module.exports.TokenizedBuffer.deserialize @ /Applications/Atom.app/Contents/Resources/app.asar/src/tokenized-buffer.js:51
module.exports.TextEditor.deserialize @ /Applications/Atom.app/Contents/Resources/app.asar/src/text-editor.js:98
module.exports.DeserializerManager.deserialize @ /Applications/Atom.app/Contents/Resources/app.asar/src/deserializer-manager.js:45(anonymous function) @ /Applications/Atom.app/Contents/Resources/app.asar/src/pane.js:37
module.exports.Pane.deserialize @ /Applications/Atom.app/Contents/Resources/app.asar/src/pane.js:36
module.exports.DeserializerManager.deserialize @ /Applications/Atom.app/Contents/Resources/app.asar/src/deserializer-manager.js:45
module.exports.PaneContainer.deserialize @ /Applications/Atom.app/Contents/Resources/app.asar/src/pane-container.js:64
module.exports.Workspace.deserialize @ /Applications/Atom.app/Contents/Resources/app.asar/src/workspace.js:174
module.exports.AtomEnvironment.deserialize @ /Applications/Atom.app/Contents/Resources/app.asar/src/atom-environment.js:1031(anonymous function) @ /Applications/Atom.app/Contents/Resources/app.asar/src/atom-environment.js:752

My setup:

Mac OS X 10.11.6
Atom 1.9.5
apm 1.10.0
npm 2.13.3
node 0.10.40
python 2.7.10
git 2.7.4

I can’t replicate this using Atom v1.9.6 on Mac OS X 10.11.6. Here’s what I did:

1. Launch Atom in my Atom repository directory
  2. Open the Command Palette using Cmd+Shift+P
  3. Type reload and press Enter

The window reloaded with no issues. Can you try replicating the problem using Safe Mode? To launch Safe Mode:

1. Completely exit all instances of Atom
  2. Launch Atom with the command atom --safe

Looks like this is a known issue.