I was using Atom as usual. Today it won’t start from the taskbar shortcut. So I check what went wrong.
- I have searched Atom Discussion: Search results for 'Atom won't open' - Atom Discussion
- and did search the internet to troubleshoot.
- honestly got overwhelmed with so many similar cases and workaround.
- have tried restart with new
/.atom/config.cson; didn’t help.
- haven’t found the solution tho’…
I found out that the new version (Atom 1.56) was installed via automatic update.
/atom/app-1.56.0/atom.exe(installed on 14/4/2021) fail to start.
/atom/atom.exe(modified on 14/4/2021) fail to start.
/atom/app-1.55.0/atom.exe(installed on 11/3/2021) start successfully as usual.
I am using:
System: OS: Windows 10 10.0.19042 CPU: (4) x64 Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4200U CPU @ 1.60GHz Memory: 3.51 GB / 7.89 GB Binaries: Node: 14.15.1 - ...\nodejs\node.EXE Yarn: 1.22.10 - ...\node_modules\.bin\yarn.CMD npm: 7.8.0 - ...\nodejs\npm.CMD
/atom/app-1.56.0/atom.exewon’t start on Windows 10?
- What should I do to be able to use atom normally?
- Is it safe to replace