Asp tag inside Javascript tag (syntax highlighting)

I use Asp Classic on a regular basis, and I’d like to start using Atom as my editor. However, the (unofficial) Asp grammar package doesn’t work with Asp syntax inside tags:

I forked the code and have been looking through it, but I’m not sure I get why it’s not working… And there’s absolutely no documentation. I looked at the official PHP language (which does not have this problem), but it contained many tags I don’t understand, like “injections.” Again, no documentation.

How do I figure this out?

Can you give an example of what you see and what you expect to see? Also, is this the package you’re referencing?

Um. Goodness gracious, I typed a lot more than that in my post, I’m not sure why it didn’t go through.

Ahem…

Yes, that is the package I was referring to.

I can’t remember all that I said, but this is how it looks currently:

Somehow the asp matches aren’t being captured inside <script> tags. I’m used to poring over documentation to solve my problems but… I couldn’t find any documentation anywhere. PHP has very similar syntax (but with <?php ?> instead of <% %>), but I didn’t understand the PHP grammar (again, no documentation for tags like “injections”).

Yes, the documentation for grammars is pretty lacking … but that is the case for a lot of Atom right now. Once the API Freeze happens, then documentation should start to get written … since things will be much less of a rapidly-moving target :laughing:

For pointers that exist here on the forum though including information on include, you can check this post:

and the things linked to it.