Application won't launch in Windows 8.1 which can be started originally

FYI, The application is packaged with electron-packager.
Originally, the application can be started but cannot be launched again after a while.
However, the application can be launched after rebooting of PC and afterwards the same problem will happen again.
I suspect the problem might be related to Windows itself.
Thus, is it possible that i know how to troubleshoot this kind of issue?

Are you asking about Atom, the text editor, or Electron, the application framework?

Hi Leedohm,

I am asking specifically about Electron. FYI, the issue happens intermittently, i thought that it would be because of Windows itself. However, any suggestion or troubleshooting steps are definitely welcomed.

@vincent911001 :

Hi did you tested with other OS, like win7/win10.
I am not sure this will fix your problem or not but I faced some what similar problem in past with win7, Application works well if you launch from command prompt but not work properly once u package the app .

In my case the issue was the order, how i am calling my dependency scripts in html file.
Something like below

<script type="text/javascript" src="resources/scripts/commons.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="resources/scripts/mmcommons.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="resources/scripts/auth.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="resources/scripts/autoupdate.js"></script>

Make sure you are following the proper code flow and move auto-update to the end.
Try changing the order of scripts, it may fix the problem

Hi,

I have tested it in Windows 7 as well and it works great.
In my case, i didnt implement auto update in our application.
So, should not have the problem that you encountered.

FYI, the app is working well now in the same PC where it fails to launch before.
So, i think the problem has very much to do with Windows rather than Electron.
I very much hope there would be a way or some kind of log in Windows for fail application launch.

Thanks.