Hello everyone! I am currently working on an Electron application, and have run into a most particular bug which I cannot seem to find a reason for. Here are the repro steps:
- Start application on Windows 10 computer with a touchscreen (it does NOT repro on a non-touchscreen computer)
- Either maximize (via the maximize button) or snap the application (via dragging the app to the top, the left, or the right of the screen; or by using win key + up/left/right arrow key)
- Drag the app by the window bar or unsnap via the opposite direction win key to restore it to the original size
Expected: this should be fine, everything should work normally
Actual: the application appears to freeze/swallow mouse clicks (technically the toolbar is still clickable/useable, only the main window freezes). If I resize the window or maximize/snap it again, then it unfreezes and the results of the mouse clicks I had done while it was frozen suddenly have an effect.
Some other notes:
- It only happens the first time you maximize/snap
- I can open up dev tools before and during the freeze, but nothing odd appears in the console
- We are using JQuery and do have methods which are binded to .resize of our window, but I don’t think these are the issue
- I suspect this is an Electron issue because atom had a very similar issue pre v1.7.0, see these GitHub issues: https://github.com/atom/atom/issues/9901 and https://github.com/atom/atom/issues/11355
So yep, completely at a loss here on what could be causing this bug! Would love to know if anyone else has some thoughts on the matter.