Apple Mac and Live Server

Hi,

I’m a complete newbie here so please go easy on me. :slightly_smiling:

I am trying to familiarise myself with a webapp my company is building, I haven’t done any programming in many years and I’m new to Javascript.

One of our developers suggested I use atom and install the atom live server. I have downloaded the app and opened it with Atom, and I can test it with the live server… all good so far.

Here’s the issue … the app is usually run from our SAP webserver, and it gets its data from the same server. However when I test the app locally on my mac, it cant find the webserver to get the data. I have to somehow tell Atom not to look locally for the data but rather get the data from the webserver.

How do I do this?

Many thanks for any help.

What do you mean by “Live Server”? Is there some package that you’ve installed in Atom to do this?

yeah, its this package https://atom.io/packages/atom-live-server

From what I can tell from a quick perusal of the package, it uses the live-server npm module to be the web server. Atom itself isn’t part of the transaction. If there is any configuration of the web server that you have to do, you’ll need to follow up with the package or module authors for the full details.