Apm init converts TextMate bundle into empty package

When running

apm init --package ~/.atom/packages/rope --convert git://github.com/JulianEberius/RopeMate.tmbundle

I get an empty package just with some kind of default files:
matej@wycliff: ~$ ls -lR ~/.atom/packages/rope/ /home/matej/.atom/packages/rope/: total 12 -rw-rw-r--. 1 matej matej  65 May 17 18:12 CHANGELOG.md -rw-rw-r--. 1 matej matej 234 May 17 18:12 package.json -rw-rw-r--. 1 matej matej  53 May 17 18:12 README.md matej@wycliff: ~$
Any idea, what’s wrong? SHould I file a bug?

I suspect you’re trying to convert a TextMate bundle that contains something more than just snippets and syntax definitions? The automatic conversion is for easily generating language definition packages. If the bundle you’re trying to convert is for something other than a language definition … then it probably isn’t going to do what you want it to.

I see. Then it would be probably good to say this in the wiki page about the conversion.

It actually does:

Converting a TextMate bundle will allow you to use its editor preferences, snippets, and colorization inside Atom.

And if you’ve got ideas on how to improve the documentation, you can submit a pull request for it since it is all part of the Atom core repo.