APM How to execute?

How can I execute the apm command. Running windows 8

If it’s not in your path env variable, you’ll probably have to go into the directory, depending on where your atom is installed:
e.g. C:\Program Files\Atom\resources\app\apm\node_modules\.bin and then run your apm commands from a command line there.

Oh thank you so that is why it wasn`t working. Ill just cd for now and then add it to my PATH variable later. Thank you

EDIT: Went to the following directory C:\Program Files (x86)\Atom\resources\app\node_modules\.bin but it gives me the following error when performing the apm command

C:\Program Files (x86)\Atom\resources\app\node_modules\.bin>apm
'apm' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file

Ah sorry, try this one:
C:\Program Files\Atom\resources\app\apm\node_modules\atom-package-manager\bin
It should contain files like node.exe, which is what apm uses, and apm and apm.cmd.

When install or just running apm, it says : The system cannot find the path specified
installing linter: ‘apm install linter’

Can you add a screenshot of the command window when you’re executing this?

Also a print of your path variable maybe.

This answer is out of date yet at the top of Google search results. apm.cmd can now be found in %LOCALAPPDATA%\atom\bin. Add this to your path or cd to that directory and execute apm.cmd or apm.

Thanks for updating, @Zoltu.

After installing on Windows 7 with the .exe installer, my path is
C:\Users\USER\AppData\Local\atom\app-0.211.0\resources\app\apm\bin
when I cd to that location, I can run apm

That of course is only for that one version, if you add the path @Zoltu mentions above to your PATH variable, then restart your command window, you should be able to use atom and apm for whatever is the latest version.