Anyone having problems with iojs 3 and atom?

shortly after 1.0.5 was official, I attempted to compile Atom on Arch Linux, with io.js 3.0.0 installed. I had just succeeded in compiling and installing io.js, and that alone seemed to work fine.

when the compilation of Atom failed, gyp and npm complained about runas not compiling. the problem wasn’t with runas, though (I think). I went back and installed io.js 2.5.0, and Atom built and installed just fine.

also, I installed io.js 3.0.0 after installing Atom, and that seems to also work just fine.

I just was wondering if anyone else had a similar experience? I looked all over, couldn’t find a bug about this. I was hesitant to file one, because I’m not sure where the bug is. but if anyone else wants to put up a bug, that’d be good.

the errors I get with 3.0.0 are similar to the following (truncated):

In file included from ../src/main.cc:1:
../node_modules/nan/nan.h:260:25: error: redefinition of '_NanEnsureLocal'
NAN_INLINE v8::Local _NanEnsureLocal(v8::Local val) {
                        ^
../node_modules/nan/nan.h:255:25: note: previous definition is here
NAN_INLINE v8::Local _NanEnsureLocal(v8::Handle val) {
                        ^
../node_modules/nan/nan.h:660:13: error: no member named 'smalloc' in namespace 'node'
    , node::smalloc::FreeCallback callback
      ~~~~~~^
../node_modules/nan/nan.h:671:12: error: no matching function for call to 'New'
    return node::Buffer::New(v8::Isolate::GetCurrent(), data, size);
           ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
/home/christopher/.node-gyp/3.0.0/include/node/node_buffer.h:35:40: note: candidate function not viable: no known conversion from 'uint32_t' (aka 'unsigned int') to 'enum encoding' for 3rd argument
NODE_EXTERN v8::MaybeLocal New(v8::Isolate* isolate,

beside wondering about other people’s results, is io.js officially supported? more specifically, is a fix going to come if this is an Atom issue?

sorry for the huge post.

If io.JS follows semver, 2.5 to 3.0 might include at least one breaking change, and this might explain the problem.

now that I’ve checked, seems like there’s three or more SEMVER-MAJOR commits. I wish I had thought of that.