Anyone else experiencing weird issues over time?

If I have Atom open for a an hour or more I start seeing weird issues where the cursor is showing in the wrong place. There was a note in the 0.82 release that said “Fixed a memory leak in the whitespace package that was degrading performance over time.” which I thought was what I am experiencing but I’m on 0.84 and it is still doing it. I have to completely close and reopen Atom to get it to work normally. Next time it starts doing I’ll capture it to show.

Anyone else seeing this?

I’m not … and about the only time I close Atom is to update it. Though I’m also perhaps not the heaviest user of it either. And I do perform a full reload occasionally when I am fiddling with packages (which might be roughly the same as quitting and restarting).

I’m seeing this as well. After about 10-15 mins of usage, the editor stops responding as quickly, text seems to offset about 30-40 pixels to the left of the text editing view and things just start to not respond properly.

I’ve got very few plugins installed, and it seems to be exacerbated by the Markdown Preview.

I’m also seeing this from time to time…

What is it you’re seeing exactly? Have you followed the suggestions in the Debugging document? Also, could you give the following information?

• Which version of Atom are you using?
  • What OS and version are you running?
  • Do you have the React editor enabled?
  • Can you reproduce the issue after completely exiting Atom and restarting using atom --safe?