Maddening gap in an app I’m developing is there appears to be little (or no) support for AVI in the HTML5 video implementation. So, I need a workaround that is cross-platform, and package-able with my electron app.
- Videos are hosted locally
- I’m not averse to encoding on the fly (ffmpeg avi - mp4 and use HTML5 natively?)
- WebChimera is dead due to VLC and Electron changes (devs can’t keep up) (https://github.com/RSATom/WebChimera.js/issues/69)
- Is there another npm package that can do this?
- A VLC wrapper might work – but how do I ensure that VLC is available on the system?
- Should I just spawn a native app in a separate window (ie, Totem on Linux)? (seems clunky)
NB: Files are decidedly AVI. I can’t change this.
Any hints / pointers greatly appreciated!