After a month worth of work and the amazing contributions of @jrouviere, the minimap now hit version 3.
As for the most significant changes:
- Canvas-based rendering improving performances drastically. The performances are now nowhere near than what it was before!
- The minimap now provides a decoration API modeled on the one Atom provides. The same methods are available and the minimap views now delegates many methods of the editor so that you can just substitute the minimap to an editor in situations where decorations are added. For a concrete example, take a look at the
minimap-highlight-selectedview, the contrast with the previous version say it all.
A wiki page about decoration is available here.
- The minimap events are also modeled on the new event model in Atom, so using
::onis now deprecated in favor of
- The minimap now have a proper API documentation
- All the packages now uses the new decoration API and their versions will now try to match the minimap one.
Now that the minimap at reached that state, the next steps will allow me to offer a package generation command to bootstrap a minimap plugin. Plugins can already support CI with the provided script (same setup than for classical packages CI).
Hope you like it!