Always getting crash

Whenever i am working on the two or three project folder, the application is crashing

Have you followed the suggestions in the Debugging document? Also, could you give the following information?

• Which version of Atom are you using?
  • What OS and version are you running?
  • Do you have Emmet installed?
  • Can you reproduce the issue after completely exiting Atom and restarting using atom --safe?

Hi @leedohm

am using

• 1.02 version in atom
  • Windows 8.1
  • I have installed only 2 plugins like color picker and git conflict

Have you been able to reproduce the issue after completely exiting Atom and restarting using atom --safe?

yes.also its getting crashed while opening big files.

still, the problem is not fixed

Is Atom technically still being optimized to be able to handle opening large text files so it may not crash?

I don’t think optimizations will ever come to a halt. See for example the following issue, which is part of the post-1.0-roadmap:

Yes, the large-file problem has been an active issue from the beginning. Several improvements have been introduced over the last year or so, which fixed a lot of those issues, but there are still some use cases that break the editor.

Sometimes it’s just the encoding being used, sometimes the language syntax itself, sometimes plugins running over the specific file type etc etc etc, all of which may combine to cause any large file to crash.

I have a couple of major log files I sometimes open with Atom, some 200MB, and have no issues opening and scrolling through them like a maniac.

@Alchiadus & @batjko : Great to hear some details about the actual issues. I have been using Atom for some weeks already and I like it. Would like to give my thanks to the development team for such a great editor. More power! :thumbsup:

I’m having a similar problem. “The editor has crashed” for seemingly no reason. The file browser freezes and I have to choose between “Keep it open”, “Reload” and “Close Window” when the modal pops.

Version: 1.18.0 Running in safe mode.

This seems to be a new issue. I just updated today and presumably the add-ons aren’t a problem since I’m running in safe mode.

I have the same issue. I’m running macOS Sierra 10.12.5
The atom --version shows

Atom    : 1.18.0
Electron: 1.3.15
Chrome  : 52.0.2743.82
Node    : 6.5.0

Opening atom in safe mode doesn’t change the issue,

@philliptmaddox @brettwbyron - there were a few issues identified related to the GitHub package in 1.18.0:

The GitHub package is a core package so isn’t disabled in safe mode so you can test if the crash is related to the GitHub package by temporarily disabling it.

Atom 1.18.0 crashing