Add Account Feature

Hello to the community and the Atom’s developers team.

Lately, I was thinking of buying a new computer and I want to install Atom on that computer too. The thing is that I am using Atom with some packages installed and in my new computer I want to have my Atom environment and add-ons just like the way I had them in my old PC. Would it be a good idea to have something like an account to login with? That account could store info about the packages we have installed in our Atom environment and our personal settings. In that way, everytime we had to use a different computer in order to develop with Atom, we would be ready to roll in a few minutes and without making any optimizations.

Could this be doable?
Thank you in advance.

You could try sync-settings to sync your settings, packages, snippets and more to other computers.

thank you! it actually helped. Not to good to understand the changes I make to my settings in real time.

This is a duplicate of a previous topic:

There are a bunch of options of how to do what you’re asking. We like to unify similar discussions under one topic so that people don’t have to read a bunch of different threads to get the whole story. Please continue the discussion there. I’ll be closing this topic as duplicate.

If you’re asking if the Atom maintainers could develop something like this, it isn’t something that we’re going to be taking on anytime soon.

This topic was automatically closed after 24 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.