I feel like there isn’t a really good remote file editing package because it would need to have deeper integrations with other packages than any currently do. My ideal remote editing package would have all the things that make local file editing in atom great, just with remote files:
- Automatically saving the file when I press save, without my having to manually take another action beyond pressing Ctrl+S
- Tree view
- Git file status (highlighting changed and added lines, etc.)
As I see it, I can:
Download everything to a local folder, and upload manually. This covers the first two points perfectly.
Use a package:
- Remote Edit which covers the third point, but not the first two.
- Remote FTP which covers the first point decently, but can’t upload files automatically on save
- Remote Sync, which I couldn’t get to work.
I can’t find a really good package that does all three of these things.
In the past, I’ve used Transmit Disk, but that’s really slow with git commands.
Does anyone have a workflow for easily and efficiently working with remote files? I’m on OS X