1 -- change font type? -- 2 -- center the editor?

• how to change the font type – without changing any ‘default’ font in windows 10 that may affect all other apps

• i split the ‘sheet’/editor horizontally (right) 2x ---- so now the ‘sheet’/editor is in the middle

i want to expand the width of the middle sheet somewhat, and get rid of the sides cos they’re distracting me

Settings -> Editor.

i split the ‘sheet’/editor horizontally (right) 2x ---- so now the ‘sheet’/editor is in the middle

i want to expand the width of the middle sheet somewhat, and get rid of the sides cos they’re distracting me

You can close a pane by closing all the tabs in that pane. What did you not like about just having one pane?

• when you type in anything in to the ‘font field’ – it auto-defaults to a specific font, what font is this?

• i want the ‘sheet’ in the center

• what does this forum use for its forum? link? i want to read about it

• how to find/replace words in all files based on your selection?

I can’t say for sure unless you show me. Probably Times New Roman. You have to enter a new font name exactly.

i want the ‘sheet’ in the center

Just drag the window to the center of the screen.

what does this forum use for its forum? link? i want to read about it

It uses Discourse.

how to find/replace words in all files based on your selection?

ctrl-shift-f

Not 100% sure what you mean by this but perhaps you’re looking for something like https://github.com/santip/maximize-panes? You can use it to hide other panes temporarily.

• why not test? guessing it does the same for everyone

There’s instructions on how to figure this out for yourself in the Atom Flight Manual:

http://flight-manual.atom.io/hacking-atom/sections/debugging/#check-font-rendering-issues

It isn’t the same for everyone. Every platform has different default fonts installed. But it is a great idea for you to test it on your own. See the instructions linked above :grinning:

I say “probably” because I’ve seen it before and that’s the serif font that my machine defaults to.